Writing to reach you


I've lied a thousand times. It's like a little game I play to see how far I can stretch the truth before someone stops believing me. Every year I get asked atleast a few times, "What's that scar from ?". Now if that isn't an invite for make-believe then I don't know what is. "That were I was stabbed when I tried to stop a mugger that just stole someone's purse" Ofcoarse it's not like everybody is that gullible, but you would be surprised how many people are. "When I was eight I tried to climb a fence and fell, a spike pierced me and I nearly bled to death." People stare at you for a moment and decide I can't make that kinda stuff up. "Ouch that must have hurt!" "I had a bike accident and broke three ribs, I was lucky one pierced out instead of piercing my lung" The faces people make when they picture that happening are worth a thousand words. "A classmate went psycho on me and stabbed me three times with a pencil." My classmates didn't know I existed, let alone give me the time of day and stab me. "Ever seen Total Recall ? That's where they cut my undeveloped twin out of me, I even made Science Magazine." Arnold Schwarzenegger has too many fans. "That's nothing honey, keep sucking." Okay, sometimes I kid myself. The truth is a whole lot less exciting so making up stuff will atleast make for a more interesting conversation.
| posted by merc, 5:34 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment