Writing to reach you


I went swimming for the first time this year. What with a heatwave going on it seemed like a good idea. And it was, kinda... Me and two friends were gonna go to a lake nearby. When I arrived there a 4th person was going too, and she was driving us, yay! Eventhough I'm really attached to my bike, aka my freedom I decided it was best to get into the car :P The idea was to build a campfire and stay really late. We did build a fire, but the late part kinda failed. The place was covered in a thick blanket of midges (I hope thats the right word anyway) and my friends went crazy and paranoid :P Swimming offered a short period of bliss, but staying in the water all night wasn't a good plan. I'm used to the little buggers eating me alive so I kept my cool. They decided it was a good idea to stand in the smoke of the fire to get rid of them, nice try but no...hehe... The fire existed mostly of empty cans, candy wrappers and garbage that washed up on shore, nice smoke to stand in eh ? When the light started to fade the midges left, and their big brothers arrived, musquitos. Right about now my friends were jumping about the place cursing and panting. I still didn't show any emotion, so they declared me insane...while they walked about wrapped like mummies going to see an opera, in a thick black plastic smoke...and I stood there in my swimming trunks in the fresh air. Oh yea, I was the insane one, clearly. So we left early, one friend went home, the other went home 15 minutes later, sick of the alcohol, hehe, and me and a friend sat at his place a bit. Now I'm paying the price though, kinda. I got stung about 40 times, of which about 5 are annoying me. Oh well, I'll survive and will have learned nothing.
| posted by merc, 5:49 AM

0 Comments:

Add a comment