Writing to reach you


It's been what ? 3 years. And it's been how long ? 8 hours. Yup, 8 hours since I last (conciously) thought about her and 3 years since I last saw her. Until this afternoon. I take my lunchbreak at 4:30 every day, yea that's a wee bit late, I know. So I'm walking the same old circle for the 700th time when I gaze across the street from the cinema near where I work. My heart skips a beat. It was in a blink of an eye that I recognized her. My chest started throbbing and some weird panic took hold. I must have played this scene in my mind a thousand times, over and over. A glance followed by recognition, a smile, a casual chat about the last 4 years since we last spoke. Then the daring part where I asked to see her again, go for a drink, talk some more. I choked, I quickly looked away, burried my face in my jacket and went around a corner, listening to my sentimental songs about lost love on my mp3 player. I crossed the busy street and disappeared into a sidestreet after one last quick look behind me. She was gone.
| posted by merc, 1:53 PM

0 Comments:

Add a comment